New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serengeti's New Jaguar Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Received a PM from Larry Tahler at Serengeti yesterday about their new Custom Rifle.It will be called the Jaguar. All Stainless Steel except the Timney Trigger which will be Sere=Coted. Stiller Precision Action with fluted bolt; Lilja barrel,Pacific Tool bottom metal; McMillan Stock;8-40 base screws. Two action length. Long 3.825" Short 3.075" Weight is approximately 6-1/2 Pounds with #2(.625) barrel 24" long in 30 caliber. Expect 1/2" groups with factory ammo. Lots of stock and metal finish options. Expect 4 month deliver with Left-hand models to follow.

This might be a good option for you guys who have been talking about a .395 caliber rifle made with 375 Ruger brass. The action should be plenty long to seat those GS Custom Mono-metal bullets.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any idea on the price for this in a standard caliber?

Posts: 10265 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So is this something special? Looks to me like just a bunch of parts that any one of us could buy and have a good smith put together or am I missing something.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Any idea on the price for this in a standard caliber?

I think they are selling it for $2.5K at the introduction.

It looks like a piece put together well. .5" group with factory ammo, which is what their first rifle did, sounds like a quality product.

I have one of the Stiller Predator actions, albeit in the standard edition without the extras Serengeti seems to have added. It is a nice piece. A M700 clone with dimensional integrity guaranteed by its pedigree as built by Gerry Stiller (of BR action fame).

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Stiller Predator receiver rifle is my go to gun at the present. The receiver is slick. Edm raceways, Pacific Precision bolt with Sako type extractor, and all machine work is on a CNC machine. I believe the receivers are $695.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stiller themselves build full hunting rifles and Curtis Helton showed me one that he had built for himself. It was a beautiful 6.5x284 with a stainless steel barreled action and an Accurate Innovations stock. I guess it is a measure of the very high quality of the Stiller actions that other semi custom gunmakers are basing an entire line on them.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote