New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need stock for Rem 700
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where can I get a synthetic thumbhole stock for my Rem 700 BDL 7MM mag? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
You don't mention whether you want a "drop-in" or not, nor whether you want a sporter configuration or something else...

If you want a drop-in of "tactical" configuration, anyone who handles Choat stocks can sell you one.

If you want a sporter, can't find one with a thumb hole, and decide you just want a regular black composite Remington take-off magnum sporter stock, e-mail me. I've got a spare.

AC

[ 07-28-2003, 23:58: Message edited by: Alberta Canuck ]

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an HS Precision Thumbhole on my 7mm Mag which is a very fine stock with an alum. bedding block. Also they adverdise a drop-in fit, I hand fitted the action to the bedding block and bedded the action with Brownell steel bed. For a good bond you need to drill some radial holes in the bedding block 3/32x3/32 in 4 rows 1/4" apart. Fill all trigger, guard screw holes with model clay before using Steel Bedd.
Fred M.

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
bowman
Try Lone Wolf .
I will also add they have had mixed reviews here on AR. I think more for service than quality.
Good Luck
Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote