THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    help!! ... how do I lighten trigger pull on a MannlicherSchoenauer?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help!! ... how do I lighten trigger pull on a MannlicherSchoenauer?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a MS 30-06 rifle (GK model), with a rotten trigger pull. Can anyone advise me how to improve the trigger pull?
Thanks.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It probably just needs to be taken apart and cleaned, then lightly oiled.

For single triggers and unset double triggers, all you can really do is stone the contact areas if there are any rough spots (there usually aren't).

For double set triggers, turning the screw inwards will reduce take-up, but it does not lighten the pull.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
It probably just needs to be taken apart and cleaned, then lightly oiled.

For single triggers and unset double triggers, all you can really do is stone the contact areas if there are any rough spots (there usually aren't).

For double set triggers, turning the screw inwards will reduce take-up, but it does not lighten the pull.

On the 1950 series single trigger, there is a screw in the back of the sear, just back where the trigger connect to the sear. Turning that screw clockwise means lighter pull, counterclockwise means harder.

Kurts advice about cleaning the trigger is essential. Begin with that.

Regards,

Fritz

The true and only Fritz Kraut

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote