Notify
Tools

Very good video on Welding
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
ACGG posted this on their YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vechcBRn0ak

I've only watched the first 45 minutes, but so far it is a very good video for anyone who is wanting to learn TIG welding.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will watch it. Need to brush up on my TIG welding.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hour and 43 minutes! I think they would have gotten more viewers if they had broken it up into several shorter videos.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 831 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy is crook, talented yes, but still a crook

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

Have not watched it yet but when I do I will hide my wallet.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: Why is the guy a crook? Please be specific and let us all know. Just saying it is painting with way too broad a brush.

Posts: 359 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A whore as well.

Posts: 741 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcraig:
quote:

A whore as well.

Yes.

Bigluke, this guy is the paid gun that sold out to bring the big trigger judgement against Remington.

When I clicked on the video, I realized that not only did I know him by reputation associated with the Remington case, but I also recognized him personally from when I used to live nearby. That memory did not improve my opinion of him in the least.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good information to know and I thank you for the information.. cheers fellas LUKE

Posts: 359 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
How can ACGG promote his videos?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13483 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
No way I'm hanging in on this guy for over 5 minutes....

But I've TiG welded for a living since the late 80's

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
How can ACGG promote his videos?

Follow the money.

Posts: 741 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Guess I will not view the video.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went through the ACGG BOD and asked them to delete the video, they turned me down flat! No reason or discussion, nothing from them.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kobe's exception to the Jack Belk video, as explained in an email to the ACGG board of directors, was simply that Jack Belk was not a current member of the ACGG. In that the purpose of the video was to discuss welding, Mr. Belk's membership status was not deemed to be germane. Mr. Belk was a founding member and past-president of the ACGG. It should be noted that other ACGG videos contain content from deceased members, who technically are not current members although they were, in fact, active members once.

As far as the money trail is concerned, there is none. The ACGG does not profit from YouTube videos. They are presented as a public service with the intent of promoting fine gunsmithing.

The ACGG exists to promote fine gunsmithing. This precludes character assassination, innuendo, and unsubstantiated opinion. Whatever Mr. Belk's presumed sins, they have nothing to do with the ACGG. If you are not interested in gunsmith welding, do not watch the video. If on the other hand, you do not know everything about welding and are interested in welding as it concerns gunsmithing, you are welcome to watch the video--at no cost to yourself. Can we not be civil about these things?

There is only one organization dedicated to the furtherance of fine gunsmithing and gunsmithing as a career in the United States, that is the ACGG. If we as gun owners cannot tolerate efforts to promote that goal, we are doomed. Of course, there is the propensity of AR responders to feel obligated to beat their chests and pile on in impunity whenever the opportunity to join in the criticism of others--who, of course, have no remedial chance to respond.

FWIW, I've proudly been an ACGG professional member since 2000. I met Jack Belk once over 20 years ago. I doubt he remembers me & he is not a friend, yet I am offended at the lack of civil discourse and willingness to condemn out of hand, a simple video about welding. The above is strictly my personal opinions and has not been endorsed by the ACGG.

Respectfully,

Roger Ferrell

Posts: 476 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent post. It really is about the content and nothing more. Don't watch it if it offends you.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger, I was biting my tongue...

Also happy to see the word FORMER!

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1796 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently I chit in my mess-kit

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the bright side...you'll not have to tip toe around the fragile egos and the politically correct

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I'll back you on your first Mr Belk statement & add

I'd PISS on the man's head stone....w/ PRIDE!!

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 426 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went through the ACGG BOD and asked them to delete the video, they turned me down flat! No reason or discussion, nothing from them.

Get over yourself.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never met nor spoken with, Jack Belk, but I have corresponded with him a bit, during the Barber/Remington trigger BS. I disagreed with his assessment and told him so, many times. I understood that he was, perhaps, just chasing a dollar. Nonetheless he has some knowledge and is willing to share it. It is good that he, through the ACGG, is able and willing to share. The video is a little tedious at times but watchable. I can't expect everyone to have my sparkling personality, so I make allowance!
I hope I'm never so much of a jerk that I would want an informational video taken down just because I didn't like the presenter. If the information is bad or unsafe, that is a reason to take down the video. Personal animosity is not. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3577 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote