New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedding a factory rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a CZ527 American in 222 remington it shoots about 3/4"- 1'groups with reloads. I was wonder if I had it beded would it help or am I wasting time and money with stock gun and stock.

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bed it yourself! That's the fun of it. Then the skill lasts a lifetime. If you screw it up only then have someone fix it.

First make sure your ammo has a accurate bullet in it like a Sierra.

There is so much to learn. Good techniques at the range are where to start.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage99 I would love to do it myself but am not sure how to do it. If you can give me directions I would think of giveing it a go. Were do you get the material and parts you need? Are their any kits you can buy with the stuff you need and directions? Thanks, Bossmoss

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Buliwyf>
posted
BossMoss:

Brownells offers bedding supplies and technical assistance. Their telephone number is 800-741-0015, website www.brownells.com

Bedding an action ensures consistency of the rifles performance. It will not increase accuracy in all cases.

Buliwyf

<dcan>
posted
BossMoss sent you an email attachment it is in Word 2000 format.
Hope this helps.
dcan

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
BossMoss,

Here's a link to guy's website with bedding tips:

Bedding

Here's another one:

Bedding Page

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells gives instructions with each bedding kit.....Glass bedding is an art form, first one should be able to inlet a gun stock...I have seen so many bad glass bedding jobs, it never ceases to amaze me....

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Atkinson
I'd appreciate it if you would expand on the most common mistakes you come across. Thanks. dempsey

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
<t_bob38>
posted
Dempsey. One of the worst errors is not using enough release agent in the right places. Unless you're trying to glue it in permanently.

How're things in Helena? Graduated HS there many years ago.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys I think you have giveing me something to think about I may just give it a try thats the only way I will ever learn.