Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 1 inletting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
Does anyone have a source for Ruger No 1 inletting instructions? I am trying to decide whether to attempt my first 2 piece stock. Tips or advice appreciated. Thanks.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy, hopefully the through bolt hole is in place. Use the through bolt to tighten the stock onto the wood (gently at first) with either prussian blue or Darrows inletting black on the metal to show where it is touching and then gently remove the marks until it is a solid fit ( all colored). Email me as you go or call. If you have a stock press, it is a bit simpler than the through bolt but it will certainly work.

There are a few tricks you can do on the forend to tune the barrel also. I like to float the barrel and rest it on the hanger.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be "Jerrows" I believe.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, and it wasnt a typo was CRS

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote