THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    help on how to post photos so I can show my rifle

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help on how to post photos so I can show my rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am stuck. I just bought a scanner, and have scanned some photos of my rifle in My Photos. Then, I joined the free-be photo bucket. How in the hell do I get the photos from my computer into photo bucket. I tried following the directions and it is not working. Also, keep in mind I am extremely limited in my computer knowledge. I have no idea what a URL is, or where I can find one and what the hell do I do with it once I have found it. Like I said, the instructions on photo bucket is assuming you know what the hell they are talking about and I do not. What ever they are saying, I cannot get the photos from my computer into photo bucket and once there, how do I get them onto the gunsmithing forum with a typed message? U know this is not the right spot to ask for help, but I see a lot of folks posting photos here so I thought I'd ask. Again, if you decide to help me, please do not assume you can use some computer jargon and that I will know what you are talking about. With me, it will be like explaining to a kindergarten student how to work a computer. However, once I learn I have it. Thanks for any help. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
From Terry Carr's post on How to Post Pictures:

We have opened an account with PB.

We now need to upload our images to PB.

Step 1.
Add Sub Album to your PB account. Name it "Rifles-web" and LC on the "Create" box.

Step 2.
LC the Rifles-web album to open it. It will say "Photo album is empty".

Step 3.
Either LC on the Browse button if you want to add one image or LC on the "Submit Multiple Pictures" and then LC on the number of pictures you want to upload.

Step 4.
A window should open up and you need to open your "My Pictures" album and select it so that so that your pictures show up in the window. Then LC on your Rifles-web sub-album and LC on the "Open" box.

Step 5.
LC on an image of your rifle (it should highlight it) and then LC on the "Open" box. The window should close and you then LC on the "Submit" box on PB.

FIFTH.
Now you will see a picture of your rifle with 3 boxes below it. Url box, Tag box and Img box. [For posting pics to AR all you need is the Img box, so I LC on the blue box "Account Options" and then LC on "No" next to both the "Display Url" and "Display Tag", then LC on the "Update" box.]

The picture you see is only a "thumbnail" size picture. To see the actual picture that will post on AR, LC on the thumbnail. [My browser won't allow me to use the Back arrow to get back to the previous screen when I am in PB, so I have to LC on the word "Rifles-web" located in the upper left hand corner of the screen].

SIXTH.
You need to have two windows open, one with AR and one with your account in PB.

Type a response on AR and where you want a picture to appear you just need to Copy and Paste the info in the Img box on PB.
You Copy and Paste by LC on the Img box, that should highlight the info in the box (on my computer it turns blue). Then, with your cursor in Img box Right Click. A window will open up, LC on "Copy".

Now all you have to do is Right Click in your post on AR and then LC on "Paste".

And there you have it.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Log on to your account in photobucket. At the top of the page, you will see a section titled "Add Pictures" On the right, there's a box that says "Browse..."

Left-click on that box. It will open your picture file folder on your computer. Click on the picture you want to transfer, then in the drop-down menu, click on "OPEN". Next, left-click on the Photobucket box that says "Submit", and the picture will be copied into your photobucket account. Repeat this procedure for all the pictures you want in your Photobucket account.

Then to post onto a site, like this one, you select the bottom of the three addresses, (the one that starts and ends in [IMG]) under the picture, copy that address, then paste it into your post.....

As an example, right-click the picture in this post, then click "PROPERTIES" and look at the "address" line.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, it's me again, the computer idiot. Well, I successfully got all the way to part about "you need to have two windows open, one with AR and one with your account in PB." That's where I fell on my butt. The PB window covers the entire screen. How do you go about opening a second box on the same screen with AR when the first box is already running. Thanks ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7X57
In the upper right hand corner of your monitor you will see an "X", a box and a dash. Clicking on the dash minimizes that window and you can view or open another explorer window.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for trying to help but I am giving up I guess. When I minimize and try to call up AR, or am on AR and call up photo bucket, it knocks one or the other off the computer. It appears I cannot get two screens with the Windows XP Home Edition on my Dell 2400 at the same time, or have one up showing and then be able to click the back button to bring up the other screen. Like I said, it allows me to have only one site up at a time. I have searched through the tutorials and they keep saying there is nothing in their system which matches what I am looking for and I have tried how to create split screens, dual screens, two screens and multiple screens. Nothing seems to work and T Carr's instructions just says "you will have to have two windows open, one with AR and one with PB" but he does not explain how one gets two damn windows open at the same time. My frustration level is past my boiling point, at this point.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
You need to have opened IE twice. Minimize the first one and double click on IE on your desktop again. Run AR on one and photobucket on the other.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
In IE go to the upper left, click File then New then Window and open the other site in that new window.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod, what is IE? I know AR is accurate reloading, and PB is photo bucket, but what is IE? Also, my computer is hooked up to Southwestern Bell's internet service. When I turn it on it goes to Yahoo. Thanks ... tom

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7x57mm:
Ramrod, what is IE? I know AR is accurate reloading, and PB is photo bucket, but what is IE? Thanks ... tom

Internet Explorer -- your internet browser. If you use Nestscape or another browser the approach should be similar.

one of us
posted Hide Post
See my post on CZ rifle above. To all, and I mean this from the bottom of me heart ... thank you so very, very much. You all took a mundane day and made it a good one for me. Tom Purdom

one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Send them to me at

jdbabcock@integrity.com

I'll post them for you.
Joel Babcock