New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 H+H mag box dimensions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Before I try to go through all my books and try to figure it out, anyone have the mag box dimensions for a 300 H+H?
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can give you measurements off of a pre-64 M-70 if that is any help.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That might, but I did a little playing around and correct me if my thinking is wrong, I've been known to think out of my backside. The left two are factory mags and while they work shouldn't the taper and width be sized to keep the cartridge tight against the side wall and not let it wobble around? I know factory mags are made for multible round so they won't fit perfect. I cut the back out of a mag and bent it around until the back is sized right(I think), then weld the back on and then do the same to the front to get the taper right. Does this make sense or is my thinking the round should be stacked this tight wrong and you need more room to strip of properly?
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, sent you a PM.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Don,

I've got something I can email you when I get home tonight that you'd probably find helpful. Shoot me your email address so I'll be sure I have it and I'll send you what I'm talking about.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote