Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava Mausers any good..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted
I see these for sale at E-gunparts are they any good?

Fully-forged large ring actions for use with standard calibers including 7 x 57 through .30-06. Features include a complete bolt assembly with commercial bolt sleeve, an adjustable trigger assembly with side safety, a push-button, hinged trigger guard assembly and a blued finish. Bolt can be opened in the cocked and safe position. Manufactured in Yugoslavia by Zastava. Choose from either a single trigger (3 1/2 lbs. to 6 lbs.) or a double set trigger (1 1/2 lbs. To 4 1/2 lbs.) configuration. Note: Magazine well measures 3 3/8" in length and bolt face measures .470" in diameter. FFL Required.

Thanks, John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the Chas.Daly actions?????

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
I suppose they are the CD actions but at less than 300 I wouldnt mind messing around with one. If you ask me there are just to many choices .. sigh

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I have two.....one was a barreled action in .25-06 that is now shooting prairie dogs with excellent results and the other is a .375 H&H action only and I had to fix several problems with but seems to be in good order now.

CD is not good at honoring their own warranty.....they will blame you for something and say it's not covered anymore......biggest assholes I've ever had the displeasure to deal with. However the action may still be a lot better than working a military mauser to the same level.....you just plan on fixing whatever needs to be fixed.....you get a modern steel action, bent bolt, drilled and tapped, adjustable trigger, hinged floorplate at a fraction of the cost to upgrade a military action.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If CD is giving folks problems, then I'd suggest Montana Rifle Company. Mod. 70 type actions that can be had with or without barrels. Their customer service has been good.

Montana Rifle Co.

I own two.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Rusty.
My experience with Montana has been good so far. They're new on the scene but seem to be trying to be a fine supplier of actions.

I happen to have one of their actions suited to .30-06 length and diameter cartridges that I got on a deal but just don't need anymore as I only like to build bigger guns than that on those actions.....and it's available...it's right hand and chrome moly in the white.

one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I have read many here speaking poorly of Zastava (by Charles Daly) actions. I purchased one about a month ago. A LH action that I put a 23" Douglas tube on chambered to 35 Whelen. I wanted a good working gun in this caliber. I wanted a true mauser action. And I did not want to have to spend a fortune to get it. I was pleasently pleased when I saw the action for the first time. It was not rough as I have seen people here say it would be. It did not have Scope mounting holes driled out of square as I have read here on this site. In short, it is worlds better that the military surplus actions I have seen at gun shows around here. And at a bargain price.

I am having a McMillan stock put on it & should be shooting it by Late January or February. I'll update the post then.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have used several. I will use them again. Never had a problem. Their price is not that great. You should be able to beat it. You should also be able to find a MKX used rifle for that price. Might save you the cost of a rifle. I have never had a MKX that wouldn't shoot MOA with handloads.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote