New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil Reducer in a Composite Stock?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can it be done, and if so what is the recommended procedure. Giving some thought to installing on in a B&C Medalist that's bedded to a 416 Ruger on a Rem 700 action.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Just did one on a 300 Win Mag.
Remove the recoil pad. Remove foam insert or dig a hole in foam along cheek rest. Sand area inside stock along cheek rest. Apply liberal amounts of epoxy to area sanded. Set recoil reducer on epoxy. Wedge in place keep it as straight as possible to the bore axis. Fill in areas on side of recoil reducer with epoxy. let epoxy set up. Fill in remaining area with spray foam. let cure 24 hours, replace recoil pad and enjoy.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I may ask, which brand/model of recoil reducer did you use? I'm looking at the Dead Mule.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I used an Edwards Only because of the lifetime warranty.
And the epoxy i used was a gel type. this keep the stuff from running all over the place.
Edwards came with great instructions in the box.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the feedback !

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
No problem.

www.KLStottlemyer.com