New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for M98 ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received a free Parker-Hale rifle in .308 some years ago.
The action is in really great shape and the bluing is still nearly flawless after quite a few years (exactly how many, I don't know ?).

The rifle has a detachable magazine (DM), but I'd really prefer blind box(BB) or even better a floorplate(FP)!

Can anyone tell me if this action is a drop-in for the Butler Creek M98 stock and is there anything I can do or have done to change the DM to BB or FP?

The only reason I'm partial to the Butler Creek stock is due to the economics and esthetics of it.

Any help, comments, suggestions or better ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GordM

Posts: 76 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Hey GordM,

Assuming it's not a heavy barrel target gun, it should fit right in that stock. Where is the safety located on the rifle? If it's a trigger safety, just make sure the stock has a cut out for it (like a MarkX stock).

On the floorplate, I might just be able to help you out on that one. I won an auction on gunbroker about a week ago for an alloy Paker-Hale hindged floorplate, I thought I was about to get out bid on the item so I uped my bid. Not realizing it was a "Dutch" auction, when I rebid, I won 2 of them.HA! Let me know if your interested, when they show up I'll take a picture and let you see what they look like, I only need one.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No the gun isn't heavy barrelled, so this seems more feasible. Do ya think there'd be any huge benefits to glassbedding the stock? Also, what is a Mark X?

Please email me some more info on the floorplate

-watermechanic@yahoo.com- that would be excellent if I could get ahold of one.

Thanks,

GordM

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
This is a picture (copied from the internet) of a MarkX action. Notice how the side safety needs a cutout in the stock to fit. Not all Mauseres have this type safety, so not all Mauser after market stocks have the cutaway.
Email sent on the floorplate

one of us
posted Hide Post
Could you please re-send that email to me, had some kind of delivery failure.

Thanks,
GordM

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Tried the email again, Also sent you a PM in case it bounced.

Terry