New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate Innovations stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone had any experience with these aluminum insert stocks? http://www.accurateinnovations.com/index.html

Posts: 36 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just put one on a M99 action and it was the first one that my gunsmith had ever seen. He was impressed with the fit to the action.

The bottom metal inlet was a touch too deep and the bottom metal did not sit perfectly flat so I put a little bedding material between the aluminum chassis and the MRC bottom metal to raise it up and get the bottom metal to sit square. I don't know if the chassis or the bottom metal was not flat but if it isn't the bottom metal and I have to lap it flat it would sit even deeper in the stock so it was easier to just bed it.

The barrel channel was just a tad tighter on the left side that than the right but just slightly. The action was blueprinted and the receiver and barrel threads were cut square so I assume it's the barrel channel that's off.

Overall, I'm happy with how the stock works.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote