Find
Notify
Tools

Martini's, what can you do with one?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I need a link and info for Martini's, Cadet and otherwise. Posted on the single shot forum but it is moving slow over there. What can you do with a Martini?
Anyone have pictures of their Martini projects?
What to watch for when making one a project?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom,

Have a look at

http://p223.ezboard.com/bbritishmilitariaforums

All about Martini's and Snider's.

Mark Holycross

quote:
Snellstrom
one of us

Posted 16 March 2006 08:05
I need a link and info for Martini's, Cadet and otherwise. Posted on the single shot forum but it is moving slow over there. What can you do with a Martini?
Anyone have pictures of their Martini projects?
What to watch for when making one a project?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a look on the fourm over at ASSRA.com

There are a number of Martini junkies over there.

Glenn

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Here's a picture of a 17 Ackley Bee that I made a few years ago from a cadet that had a butchered 22 Hornet barrel on it. That's the only one I've done, but it shoots good, and is a great feral kitty gun, along with fox and coyote with the 25gr Berger match.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are the Greener shotguns good for any type of conversion?

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a 7x30 AI for a fellow that worked quite well.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think right at the moment i've got cadets in 17 ackley bee, 218 mashburn bee, 222, and 256 WM. they make the neatest little rifles you can imagine

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am working one over for myself at this time. It is a 12/15 action and still a lot of work to do. It is going to be a 20 cal. something. I normally don't go this far before chambering, but can't get my act together. Over the years I have made several conversions. If I can help let me know.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les,

Is that a trapdoor in the center of the butt or a shield overlaid to cover the hole? Very nice looking. Did you convert the block to centerfire or drop it in the receiver?

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one for the "other" catagory (non-cadet) It is a sidelever conversion I did on a musket reciever. Barreled in 7x57R.

The intent was a light, quick little stalking rifle. Plain english walnut with a little British flavor.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I've been admiring that one on your website for a while now. Been meaning to ask you about it. I guess a sidelever conversion is not easy. Do you have any idea the number of hours that went into that metalwork?

I sent you a PM as well.

Here's an action I was thinking about buying a while back, because I knew of the engraver. Made inquiries and had these pictures sent to me. I even tracked down all the missing parts. Just too many other things going on. It would have made a nice sporter.

These photos came out of a Sotheby's auction catalog
I Hollis 577/450

Joseph Bourne 577/450

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thaine,

That center piece started out to be a trapdoor and still might be machined before I finish. I thought the shield would look good with this engraved on the plate.
VARMINT POLICE
ROAD HUNTERS
TEXAS

I would never leave home without my badge!!!!! Ha Ha

The block was dropped and the hole was welded up. I made a fixture to true the bolt face after it is in the proper location. A slide safety will be added behind the trigger. A 1 piece base for Conetrol rings will be fitted with a recoil shoulder against the barrel shoulder at the receiver. I left the #3 Shilen barrel straight for about 2 ¾ inches to hold this base on with three 8 X 40 screws.

This will be my Pdog gun and will be used off of my portable field bench. I left the forearm wide and more flat then most of the past Martini‘s. I believe that it will rest on the adjustable support and be faster to get on target.

Now if I could only get an invite to NM or Co to field test my rifle this summer

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rojelio:
Are the Greener shotguns good for any type of conversion?

Rojelio

I have seen a couple of trap guns made up on Martini actions.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple pics that I stole and can't remember from where...
W J Jeffery

From Adams Guns (I think)

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post

This is a 7-30 Waters that Duane Wiebe is building as a light-weight walk-about gun for varmits through deer. It has a 20-inch stainless steel octagon to round barrel with integral rib, front sight, and swivel base. The rib is cut for Warne rings, and the lever on the side of the action is the safety. A two-leaf rear sight will be installed, and the front sight has a flip-up bead. The barrel will be left bright, the action and breech block will be color case hardened, and the rest of the metal parts will be rust-blued. The stock will be made from a highly figured piece of walnut from Bill Soverns and will be straight gripped with an engilsh style cheekpiece and steel buttplate. The foreend will be a trim english sporter style with an ebony tip.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was at my buddies shop, I thought about this thread and ask him what he had built or worked on using a Martini. He pulled out a really big Martini action with Greener stamped on the side, it was full grown no doubt. It was just the action, he didnt remember what cal it was, think he got it from an old gun smith he bought out or something, It was neat.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote