New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decelerator pad for Sako 75
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am wanting to replace that awful orange pad on a couple of my Sako 75's with a Pachmeyer Decelerator pad, and wondered if anyone can tell me which size pad I can get to minimize--or possibly eliminate Smiler any grinding.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
I am wanting to replace that awful orange pad on a couple of my Sako 75's with a Pachmeyer Decelerator pad, and wondered if anyone can tell me which size pad I can get to minimize--or possibly eliminate Smiler andy grinding.

Thanks for any thoughts.

What's wrong with letting andy do some grinding? Big Grin

You are more than likely going to have to do some grinding. Prefit pads are not very accurate. Go to www.brownells.com and check out the different dimensions for the decelerators. Measure your stock and pick a pad that fits within those parameters.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
I am wanting to replace that awful orange pad on a couple of my Sako 75's with a Pachmeyer Decelerator pad, and wondered if anyone can tell me which size pad I can get to minimize--or possibly eliminate Smiler andy grinding.

Thanks for any thoughts.

What's wrong with letting andy do some grinding? Big Grin

You are more than likely going to have to do some grinding. Prefit pads are not very accurate. Go to www.brownells.com and check out the different dimensions for the decelerators. Measure your stock and pick a pad that fits within those parameters.

That's a good question Malm, I guess my typing & retardation matched up again, since I don't know 'andy' for grinding, I meant ANY grinding!! homer

(first post edited!)

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I knew what you meant... beer

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote