New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bottom metal for 1909 Peruvian needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Duane said he hasn't had a request for this item. Any suggestions?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Kolowsky: Ted is prefectly able to make this part. One part? I don't think so...About an hours programming time...then another hour to get the the tools in the carousel, another 30 minutes to get the offset...and then..if you get the stock sawed out, you can start poduction..on the frames. Then repeat the above scenario to get the floorplate programs in place

Realisically, the first part costs about $1000.00 (for the frame) then the first floorplate...another $1000.00.

Ater the third or so part (tweaking the program) you can finally start production...the rest of the run gets less expensive as the numbers go up,,,never reaches "zero" but you get the idea..

I figure a run of 30 parts is the break even point. I'm sure Ted has reached the same rough figures.

I think an order for 100 parts would put the operation firmly in the black...maybe not!

This ain't a get rich scheme. If it were you'd have dozens of machine shops turning this stuff out like popcorn.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem with calling Maggie is their phone has been disconnected.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Mr. Wiebe

I don't disagree with you one bit.

However, sometimes when business is real slow its better to have something to do than nothing to do.

The worst thing that could happen would be for Ted to say NO.

sp Kolosky

Actually, the worst that could happen is he says yes, payment is sent, no product is shipped. It could happen.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 22WRF:
Mr. Wiebe

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/...uminum_obendorf_Pics

...Visited the site...More power to him. There's no way that I'd even consider making aluminum, plastic and other precious metal parts. ....yuck!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK I'm in for two. No advance of funds, but I'll accept COD...anyone else?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
22wrf,
I have had no response to my call to her cell phone. I'm going to order a regular 98 from Duane as I know I will get it. It can be made to work.
Butch

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Butch
Are you going to have to cut and weld it?

I would also like to know because I have a similar modification to make.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
22wrf, If that is my only choice, I do know that Duane will ship. That is better than chasing a ghost and hoping. I guess I am the bad guy in this.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Butch: Here's what I propose: Remember way back I advised that we had to scrap an entire run because of an impoper placement of the magazine box?

The Mexican box fits perfectly...except the front tang is too short...So....I use the "scrap box" and weld the front tang to the Mex box and viola!

Of course, I'll now be able to send all my grandkids to college! HAR!

I'll put this together and send it to you. You like..pay me...don't like..throw it away!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty hard to turn that down.
Thanks Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah...forgot...100% penetration..... send to Joe for X-ray!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh yeah...forgot...100% penetration..... send to Joe for X-ray!

Good idea when dating Catholic girls in the 1960s und 1970s.

A good work around technique was to start putting a full court press on Mama. Some times it ended in a shutout and shotgun blasts, but it could, and has turn out in a delitefull way that you would never have guessed while popping zits in the mirror just prior to the big date. Catholic boys prayer, "Dear God in heaven, please let Gina's mom be the head reffery and have her accept when I volunteer to put the chairs away (Gina has already dumped you for either a jock or a stoner). Get a ride hom from mom. Ask here to stop 1/2 way through the city park, "hey Mrs. Gina's mom could we go for a walk........"

Like turkey hunting with a mouth, box, leg bone or slate call, the trick is to call quietly, and not very often.

Keep your mouth shut, except quietly and in the line of duty.

'Er, sorry, I guess I became sidetracked.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote