New
Find
Notify
Tools

WBY MK5 allen screws
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know where I can find allen head action screws for a Weatherby MK5? I tried Brownells and came up empty. Gunparts.com only had the typical slotted screws and they simply do not get tight enough. I can Loc-Tite them but I hate to do that on action screws.

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ok, can anyone make a set of them?

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try a hardware store; some have great assortments of all Allen type screws. Take your screws with you, and find a nut that fits them, and you'll know what diameter and pitch you need. You might get lucky. Your screws may be metric; not sure.

A good gunsmith, or machinist/ machine shop, might be able to rework store bought screws for you to your thread pitch. Probably cost more than it's worth though. Nothing wrong with some "removable" type Loctite either. Good luck; hope you find some. -"gunsmither"

Posts: 58 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gunsmither. We have a great hardware store here in town and I hadn't even thought of them. I'll stop on my way home from work tomorrow evening.

Joe