Notify
Tools

Threaded muzzle cap w/banded front sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Does anyone have any pics of a rifle that has:
1) A banded front sight (wraps all the way around like the NECG sights)
2) Has a threaded muzzle cap that is smooth and the same diameter of the sight band (not the barrel)

The barrel's diameter I have isn't enough to have a barrel diameter muzzle cap, but could align with a banded front sight. I just don't know if this would look good or not.

Thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I do have a picture in my head; it is of a piece of crap. It would be like having no step down in front of the band, which is part of the aesthetic qualities of a band in the first place.
Of course it will work fine. You can see it too. Or draw it. Fat muzzle. It is just that I and most shooters, are used to seeing at least some muzzle in front of the sight band. Otherwise, why have a band?
If you like it, build it. It is just a cosmetic thing.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Just did one yesterday to a ruger number one that I rechambered from 338 to 340 weathby. Added a brake and retained the band front sight. By some miracle the front wasn't a bear to remove on this number one.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
With brake

With cap

Posts: 1462 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WoodHunter:
With brake

With cap

The one I just finished is a twin to the one on the left
With the muzzle brake but with the Ruger band front sight.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looks good

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of mine met the crown flush and threaded back under the barrel band so it appeared there was no muzzle brake when not in use..Several ways to unscrew it, mostly I like two small slots that allowed removal with a quarter, as that was allways handy and available in the four corners of the world..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41985 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
quote:
Originally posted by WoodHunter:
With brake

With cap

The one I just finished is a twin to the one on the left
With the muzzle brake but with the Ruger band front sight.

This looks pretty nice! I'm going to match the sight band diameter.

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
What about going with a 13.5 LH thread for the muzzle? I know this is primarily for Euro 9mm pistols, but you can run a barrel OD as little as .550 (which is the OD of my barrel end).

I had planned an adapter for the suppressor already and there are plenty of 13.5 LH to 5/8-24 available.

Thoughts?