Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Gold Help!!
 Login/Join

posted
I bought a browning gold 3 1/2 inch shotgun today used. When i got it home i shot it with some light trap loads and it cycled fine. I looked at the gun and it was filthy, it dosn't look like the previous owner had ever cleaned it, so i took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. Now it won't cycle those same trap loads, but it still works with some 3 inch turkey loads so i didn't put it back together wrong. Any ideas what might have happened?
Thanks,
Nick Radovich

Posts: 19 | Location: Atlanta, Ga | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
When it was filthy it was probably a little weak and could handle the less powerful loads. Now it's clean and feeling a little more like a respectable 3.5 in gun, and so it's probably telling you "Knock it off with the sissy loads!" That would be my guess. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I'd guess you got parts together in the wrong order. Try this link to a pdf copy of the manaul: Browning Gold

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
nope thats how i did it, i even re took it apart and put it back together going step by step with the manual. still no go on the lighter loads.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You didn't oil it did you? They run lots better dry. Also check the gas ports to make sure they're not plugged up.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
nope didn't oil it and i used the stick part of a cotton swab to make sure the gas ports were clear.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Shoot turkey loads in it till it is dirty enough to operate properly.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I guess the simplest answer is best. I guess ill do that untill i can figure out a cure for good becuase i really hate leaving my guns dirty.