New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlincher Schoenauer 1903 mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where I can buy a mount -original or not- for Mannlincher Schoenauer 1903 (6.5 x 54 cal)?
Thanks in advance. Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HAH!!.very obscure. There is a Redfield mount for a MS now on Gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=329347545

. Or, try looking in www.eGun.de

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EAW makes several but they retail through specialty shops so they will be very expensive.

EAW

Look for pivot and lateral.

Pivot is the rotary dovetail type.
Lateral is a side mount like a Griffin and Howe.

This is a much easier site to look at.
It has EAW mounts on this page.

New England Custom Gun

Recknagel is another brand that is made for the Mannlicher Schoenauer.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your rifle is without any mount holes there are several options. The Redfield type mounts, EAW mounts, Griffin and Howe, Jaeger, Leupold Adjusto-mount, Bausch and Lomb (Koharsky [sp]). There is also a side mount made by Williams.
If you already have mount holes--front action ring and side of rear receiver, probably Redfield type.
Front action ring and side of receiver, either Bausch&Lomb or Leupold Adjusto-mount (the measurements between holes are different). Side of receiver probably Jaeger or Griffin and Howe. Side of receiver also Williams.
Redfield are the most common. Bausch and Lomb and Leupold Adjusto are not really befitting the M/S rifle in my opinion. The Bausch and Lomb can be found, in fact I have one. Williams are also available, I believe from the company. Griffin and Howe/EAW side mounts available but expensive.
I've seen other mounts using a ring around the front sight holding the objective lens and side mounted ring. I'm sure there are other alternatives.
I've spent lots of time trying get a scope on my model 1905.
Opinion: If it's not drilled consider one of the Lyman 36 receiver sights that mounts on the bolt release.
Good luck and enjoy your rifle.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Try Watts Walnuts - http://www.wattswalnut.com/ms_scope_bases.php

I got a set from him several years ago and now he keeps stock. he does small runs on a CNC.

On second thoughts, the Gunbroaker auction may be his mounts as well.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote