Find
Notify
Tools

Waffen Franconia-Wurzburg 1962 BRNO ZG-47
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted
Can anyone help me identify or tell me anything about the ZG-47 I hope to purchase. The barrel is stamped Waffen Franconia-Wurzburg. Serial # is 1262 and there is no marking on the left side of the reciever Z BRNO Made in Chec.... Caliber is 30.06, receiver and barrel are proofed and marked ZG-47. Could not find a serial number on the bolt but the bottom of the shroud appears to be stamped "2N". Condition is excellent, small egg cheek piece, BRNO buttplate, 24" barrel.

Any help identifying or tell me if this rifle is correct would be appreciated! Thanks.

Posts: 895 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our very own 1894mk2 also just acquired a ZG-47 marked "Frankonia". Frankonia is a major German retailer, who will have guns produced and marketed under their own name.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
fla3006 replied on that thread also and said about 200 were sold to Franconia by BRNO if I remember correctly. The one 1894mk2 bought looked VERY nice in the pictures and 100% original. He paid the high end of what I quoted you last night. I think he did good.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
Well the check and FFL are in the mail! I will post some pictures when it arrives. I've never handled one before, so I hope it lives up to it's reputation. If not, the price was fair, so I should be able to get my money out of it. I'm glad it's in the versatile 30.06 too, that provides a lot of options. Included with the sale are a new set of CZ rings as well as the original base and rings the rifles was purchased with. It's an alloy, one piece base with some knobby looking screws on the left side, and EAW styled rings.

Posts: 895 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote