New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Bases on Tikka T3?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased Warne steel rings for my 338WM in Tikka T3 Hunter after the POS aluminum factory rings started to deform at the recoil pin from the heavy 338 recoil. After installing the Warne rings, which are well made for the job at hand, I realized that if the scope went south (or to Hell in China if you prefer)on a pack in hunt, changing out the scope in the field would be a royal pain in the rectum. So I stupidly realized that I needed "quik-detach" rings for the Tikka. I do not recall anyone making Q-D rings for the T3 integral base. So I am considering good-ole aluminum Weaver bases with good Q-D rings. Does anyone have any experience with this and any advise? The cross slot in the Weavers should be up to the task of the 338WM recoil shouldn't it? Or should I consider the steel Grand Slams. I have a problem with two flat steel surfaces trying to mate up well ie. steel base mating to steel receiver.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Rae59

I have used Weaver alloy bases and Weaver QD rings and these have never given me any problems. Had them on a 7mm Mag with a heavy steel 6x Kahles scope and currently have them on my 404J with Leupold 2x EER scope. Have fitted them to many other rifles as well. I always use Araldite epoxy glue under the bases and on the base screw threads.

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input Eagle.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote