Find
Notify
Tools

Huber Concepts Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey .......

Has anyone used the Huber Concepts trigger ??
Are they any good and how well do they function ?? Reliable ??

I have a 30/40 Krag that I would like to turn into a extra deer basher and the trigger needs a bit to be desired.
It has a peep sight and it shoots pretty neat ...

Any feedback would be appreciated !!

Thanks

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I purchased a 1898 Krag trigger from Huber right after he started marketing his triggers. Mine was a prototype of his first Krag triggers. Installation was straight forward and easy and the trigger is well designed and functions as expected.

As you probably know all the trigger manufacturers stopped Krag production some time ago and the Huber is the only replacement I found. My only criticism is the quality of the visible part of the trigger. It could have been a bit more refined and the production triggers now available may be better. My Krag is a high quality custom rifle and would be more visually appealing with a precisely cut trigger profile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks prewar47 ...

My first thoughts were that these triggers don't look the cleanest , but I sorta handy with a file and will make it look better .

Does it cost more to make something look pretty from the get-go .. I could never figure this out !!

I will most likely order one before long and give it a whirl !!

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
I agree regarding the appearance of the trigger. It's unfinished appearance caused me to order a new sear piece for mine instead of ordering their trigger. My trigger's problem is it is too light. Haven't had time to install the new sear yet. If that doesn't work, I'll have to buy the Huber and get out the file to make it look better.

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote