New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Rem 700 trigger questions...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do these dimples look normal? They almost look like they're put there to retain the pins. If you haven't seen my post earlier, I'm having problems removing the trigger retaining pins on my Remington 700 SPS. I say pins, but I've only tried the rear pin so far.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan

Yes, those dimples are there on purpose. They're to keep the pins from working out under recoil. Some will also have the ends of the pins upset or swadged to accomplish the same thing. If you have a good fitting punch and a padded vise to hold the action (or a good bench block) those pins will come out exactly as the instruction say. You need a bigger hammer. Roll Eyes

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clark

Drive the rear pin out right to left first, that will allow the removal of the bolt stop exposing the front pin for removal from right to left. Do not drive the pins past the "dimples".

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That might have been my problem. I've been following the directions on the triggersmith.com site and it says to drive the pins left to right.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote