New
Find
Notify
Tools

need information about Alpha Omega rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My hunting partner just bought an Alpha Omega 30'06 IN A LAMINATED STOCK. iT WAS MADE IN tEXAS, like new, & shoots ok with junk reloads. Anyone know anything about it?

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two, what info would you like?

They're good rifles and were well produced, always drew a good crowd at the shows about 15 years ago. The laminated stocks were fantastic and that's what killed them, .....the cost of producing the stocks was just too high!
~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I had a 300 WMag. in english walnut. The magazine assembly is flimsy. It should have taken a clip.

Here's a clip from a post on rec.guns a while back..

"The story as I know it , the breech, trigger and receiver were made by Hi-SHEAR Technology in California. ALPHA Arms in Flower Mound, TX assembled them (the master gunsmith was Homer Koon). Hi Shear was in the business of building explosive bolts for NASA that were used in the SPACE program. HI-Shear also had the side line of building the rifle parts. Hi-Shear's CEO
decided that it was not good for business to build space program parts and rifle parts, so he directed that all the rifles made were to bought back by the the company. "

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote