Find
Notify
Tools

WILLIAMS FIRE ARMS Co
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
MATT
i have been sending you e mails for the last six weeks ...i even rang and left my e mail adress for you to contact me but no repley .....are you guys still on line???
Daniel
situanga@hotmail.com

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

Thats typical. I've never had much luck contacting them either.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is that you stop wasting your time. I live about a hour from that shop and I can tell you that the service is nothing short of horrible. If they have a sight you want order it and have a better shop install it. I have had poor service there three times. The first two times the guns had to go back to be repaired as I got them back in the same shape I took them in. The other time was for Weatherby factory service and they burned me out of over $100 worth of ammo trying to make the gun shoot a 1.5" group. The best they ever got was 1.75" and they refused to honor the warranty. I was very thankfull I had bought the gun at a more reputable dealer. I was pleased that they put it in writing that 1.75" was there best group so the selling dealer immediately took the gun back and gave a full refund. Best of luck getting a answer.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuckwagon,

I don't think he is talking about "Williams Gunsight Company" in Michigan.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My suggestion is that you stop wasting your time. I live about a hour from that shop and I can tell you that the service is nothing short of horrible. If they have a sight you want order it and have a better shop install it. I have had poor service there three times. The first two times the guns had to go back to be repaired as I got them back in the same shape I took them in. The other time was for Weatherby factory service and they burned me out of over $100 worth of ammo trying to make the gun shoot a 1.5" group. The best they ever got was 1.75" and they refused to honor the warranty. I was very thankfull I had bought the gun at a more reputable dealer. I was pleased that they put it in writing that 1.75" was there best group so the selling dealer immediately took the gun back and gave a full refund. Best of luck getting a answer.

You bought the rifle at ANOTHER shop and then expected this shop to pay for the ammo to test it? And then you wanted them to pay for shipping it back to Weatherby for you so you could take advantage of WEATHERBY's(not dealer's) warrantee?

Slow, cantankerous gunsmiths are not born. They become that way dealing with the "ten percenters".

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill Soverns,

Where the heck you been hiddin out

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuckwagon,

You mention a sight, so it sounds like you're talking about the Williams Sight Co. Williams Firearms is a totally different company that makes triggerguards and extractors. Please make sure to differentiate between the two before you badmouth the wrong one.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GUYS
thanks, the people im trying to contact are the ones who make the extractors triggergaurds and the floor metal....(Matt Williams)i think its just poor service...but what can you do.....its just i have heard they are bringing out a new action and from a design point of view its suppose to be pretty good
regards Daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I ordered two extractors from them, I called, placed the order with the nice girl who answered the phone and had them in my hands within a week. What more could I have asked for?

Before the extractors were available, I e-mailed Matt about an ETA and he answered proptly. Again, what more could I ask for?

That has been my only experiences with Williams Firearms.

Never had any interest in or contact with Williams Gunsites.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Quote:

When I ordered two extractors from them, I called, placed the order with the nice girl who answered the phone and had them in my hands within a week. What more could I have asked for?

This was my exact experience with a stainless long action extractor about 3-4 months ago. My first email to Matt went unanswered, but I'm sure he gets swamped with them, hence my followup call.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

GUYS
thanks, the people im trying to contact are the ones who make the extractors triggergaurds and the floor metal....(Matt Williams)i think its just poor service...but what can you do.....its just i have heard they are bringing out a new action and from a design point of view its suppose to be pretty good
regards Daniel

I sincerely apologize for the lack of communications in the last few weeks. As I had mentioned in an extractor thread yesterday, we have had some serious problems getting our emails. I'm hoping we've gotten most of the problems taken care of.

Daniel, please call me directly today, or at your earliest convenience toll free at 1-888-257-3006. I'll try to help you out in any way I can.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sorry, but you've got the wrong Williams.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MATT
I live in australia so its a bit hard to get you ...last time i rang i was told you were to busy to come to the phone ...left my e mail address but it must have got lost in the system as i never had any correspondence from you ....im just wondering when those actions that you are making are going to become avaliable ...realistically

regards daniel

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

MATT
I live in australia so its a bit hard to get you ...last time i rang i was told you were to busy to come to the phone ...left my e mail address but it must have got lost in the system as i never had any correspondence from you ....im just wondering when those actions that you are making are going to become avaliable ...realistically

regards daniel

We are still hoping to have the first prototypes ready before Christmas this year, but there's a lot that hinges on that timetable. The delays that we've suffered on the project in the last few months have caused us to rethink our position on time, hence the reason I haven't been making much mention of it here on the forum.
I assumed that all my existing work with individual customers as well as our bigger clients would be wrapped up by August, but we got swamped with more orders than we've seen in years. Not that I'm complaining too much, but it sure is putting a damper on getting our actions off the ground.

I can assure you this.....When we do get them ready and tested, they'll be quite a lot of info on this forum, as well as 24hourcampfire.
We have quite a lot of folks who are interested in purchasing these actions, but we won't be accepting any payments of any kind until they're ready to ship.
At this point, we're hoping to get our CNC lathe on the floor within the next couple of months or less, depending on availability. That will cure our problems with bolt making and hinge pins, as well as a few other projects.

If you have any other questions, I've told my secretary to be sure and get a hold of me out on the shop floor if you call.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes quite right, My apolagies indeed. I did mistake you for the Williams sight company.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to upset you there Wally but the Williams Sight company is a factory authorized repair center in Mi. I expect to pay for test ammo just not $100 worth when they couldn't get it to shoot straight. Add to that they refused to send it to the factory to fix it after they were unable to figure it out. Either way it had nothing to do with this Williams other than a inadvertant error on my part. If I got your cantankerous keyboard in a twit there Wally I apolagize.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sorry to upset you there Wally but the Williams Sight company is a factory authorized repair center in Mi. I expect to pay for test ammo just not $100 worth when they couldn't get it to shoot straight. Add to that they refused to send it to the factory to fix it after they were unable to figure it out. Either way it had nothing to do with this Williams other than a inadvertant error on my part. If I got your cantankerous keyboard in a twit there Wally I apolagize.

No apology necessary ChuckWagon. My remarks weren't aimed at you specifically. And probably harsher than called for.

Bill Leeper had a good post a year or so ago regarding all the things that a gunsmith runs into daily to hold up work. Maybe he will repost it.

Cut your gunsmith some slack - cut him a lot of slack. It's so easy to get behind schedule.

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the same Williams Firearms Company, though, that was really giving the Montana Rifle Company (since they stopped using the Williams' floorplate) such a hard time last year about failure to meet delivery schedules? And are now having the same type of problem with their new product?

Just curious...

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
I don't recall giving Montana Rifle Company "such a hard time" in regards to their delivery schedules, but witnessed many unhappy customers doing just that.

There's a lot more to that story than the obvious, and none of which is approriate for public consumption.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just like to add that my experiences with Matt & co. were great! I called about their extractors, and Matt got on the phone and answered my questions very throughly and without making me feel like I was wasting his time, all for a measly $30 or so extractor, which was then shipped promptly.

Since then, I have purchased bottom metal and an ADL trigger guard, due in no small part to my prior positive experience with their products and service.

Now, what I really want to know, Matt, is when will those Oberndorf styled floorplates become available?

Ok, I am done now, thank you.

-Bob

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Just like to add that my experiences with Matt & co. were great! I called about their extractors, and Matt got on the phone and answered my questions very throughly and without making me feel like I was wasting his time, all for a measly $30 or so extractor, which was then shipped promptly.

Since then, I have purchased bottom metal and an ADL trigger guard, due in no small part to my prior positive experience with their products and service.

Now, what I really want to know, Matt, is when will those Oberndorf styled floorplates become available?

Ok, I am done now, thank you.

-Bob

Thanks for the kind words Bob....Glad you were pleased.

I've been working on forging prints to submit to our vendor, as well as fixture designs. The trick is that this forging must be able to handle a Model 70 short, long, and pre-64, as well as the Mauser 98 and long-action model 700.
It's a lot to take into account when the designing begins.

Since I'm running short-handed lately on personel, it's taking longer than once figured, but I still believe that the Oberndorf-style guards can be ready for the first part of next year. The short-action model 70 version will be the first, since we are utilizing that design for our action. The rest will follow pretty shortly after that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've personally had nothing but good service from Matt Williams. I ordered and recevied M70 bottom metal and 2 extractors, in a timely manner. Matt discussed various options over the phone, prior to ordering and shipment. Nice quality products.

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote