New
Find
Notify
Tools

1909 Peruvian Oberndorf Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Local gun shop has above rifle, sporterized, crap walnut stock, unknown .308 barrel, at an UNCLOSE look it seems like original deep blued action drilled and tapped for one piece mount with some unknown scope on it. Didn't try trigger so don't have any info on it, nor did I check for matching numbers. As should be obvious, I didn't pay that much attention to mount or make of scope, it ain't a leupie, you can bet on that. It's been there a while, asking $375, but I could probably get it for less. I'm not current on the value of these but this seems reasonable. I have no interest but the action might be of interest to someone in here. PM me if you want the name of shop or if you want me to look it over more carefully the next time I'm in there. The owner is a friend of mine, I won't beat the price down AND have the shop ship it to someone else, potential buyers are welcome to negotiate any deal they can get. I will buy it as cheap as I can for a fellow Texan (Texas only because of Fed laws about interstate sales) and we can meet at our convenience. I want to be extra clear, I'm posting this just to possibly help someone out, I have no interest in the rifle or the seller, if it's too high, so be it. Don't kill the messenger.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the action with the really tall stripper clip hump? If so, is the hump still there, or did they file it away to get the one piece mount on?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
ColoradoMatt: is the hump still there, or did they file it away to get the one piece mount on?
Makes a difference.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno. Since it has a one piece mount I assume it is gone, if it was ever there.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
If the hump is gone, I would pass. Original receiver was in the white. Be careful with D&T jobs, you never know if the offender knew what he was doing.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote