Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77/22 Platform
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
in the question for building a 17 Ackley Hornet, I was also wondering if a 77/77 could be rechambered for a 17 Ackley Hornet...

order a bolt for the 22 Hornet from Ruger, if it will work in that receiver
and then the magazine, although in the real world, I'd like to make this a single shot rifle...

any experiences to share would be appreciated..

thanks,
seafire

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience with the 77/22 platform is to replace it with the CZ platform (both rim and centerfire).

Mine just had too many things wrong with it to make it worthwhile.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:
order a bolt for the 22 Hornet from Ruger,

About the only bolt Ruger will sell you is a "stock" bolt.

It would be less frustrating to sell the rimfire 77/22 and get yourself the Hornet 77/22 to build on.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote