Find
Notify
Tools

Another "Nude" Mannlicher
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
This is a military 1903 Greek Mannlicher 6.5x54 that I am sporterizing. I cut and slimmed the military stock, added an ebony forend tip, cut the barrel down to 24", added a barrel band sling stud, reshaped the military rear sight elevator, will "chop" the overly large trigger guard, reblue, and may checker, depending upon how it all comes out. Some guys like to replace the bolt knob with butterknife versions like commercial MS's but I think I'll leave it alone. Still lots of sanding and polishing left to do.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Next big Gunshow in Houston, will you help me find one, I got to have one. I knew that the other day when I held it.

Thanks, Billy

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Billy, I'll be on the look out!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
It's tough to find these with a decent bore. And all the ones made in Italy (Bredas) have groove diameters ranging from .264 all the way up to .270"!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
It just won't be right without a butterknife bolt handle! I hope you change your mind on that one. Razzer

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
El Deguello: It's tough to find these with a decent bore. And all the ones made in Italy (Bredas) have groove diameters ranging from .264 all the way up to .270

You're right about the bores, mine is a little frosty. But now you have scared me about the bore diameters! Frowner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

A man of your perfection does not need a frosty bore, I think you should sell it to me Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'll try it out first. If it patterns like a shotgun, I'll sell it to you! Wink