Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Parker Hale bottom metal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
jeffeosso,

I got one from Numrich about a month ago.... finish sucks.... looks like flat black spray paint.

Have you tried blueing yours? I'd like to blue mine, after I slick it up a bit.... I'm afraid it won't blue.... suppose a bad finish is a little better than NO finish.

CSJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Winchester Ky. USA | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
CS,
I haven't tried to blue it yet..and I think it IS painted..

Remember, these are sold as reworked military bottoms.. I HOPE/THink it will blue fine. I'll find out, sooner or later...

the finish (paint) is what I like least about it.

BUT, open the floorplate and shake it.. it's pretty well trimmed up, with little side to side, and it locks up well.

I'll tell you the truth, if I could turn these out, 70 bucks and shipping would be about 1/3 of my desired selling price...

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jeffeosso,

I just couldn't stand it any longer.... I grabbed some 400 paper and a bottle of cheap cold blue I've had for about fifteen years..... it WILL blue.

You're right about the price... worth a lot more than they cost..... I felt so good about it I think I'll order another one!

CSJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Winchester Ky. USA | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso I would love to be able to inspect it. I'll send you a PM with my address.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
You can get the box only from the African model from egunparts.com for $17. No latch, no floorplate. The box is MAX size for the Mauser action. It is opened up mostly to the front just like every box I have seen. The box is sized perfectly for a 416 Rem or Lott (max width, not much taper). The box is rough cast, but will clean up fine. There is plenty of metal to open it up to the rear. It is at 3.65 now, so you can easily get 3.72 length if you want. The boxes are rough cast steel and blue well.

If you find someone to make the floorplate or finish these out, let me know.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote