Find
Notify
Tools

new stock on Montana Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Any experience with the new synthetic stocks Montana is putting on their rifles? They were using the metalist from Bell and Carlson which I really liked. I just ordered a rifle from them and saw they have developed their own. I was wondering if I was going to have to order a different one.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an X2 in 30-06 with the new stock. I've owned a Winchester EW with the Bell and Carlson. Hands down I like the new Montana stock better. It's thinner through the wrist and forend. The texture is nice has some gray speckle in the black.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Posts: 83 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently sighted in and test fired one of them for a friend of mine and was so impressed that I headed to my favorite gun store to buy one, the new stock was lean and mean, I liked it..Got there and they had a blue one with a wood stock in .308, I weakened to my nostalgic past and bought the the wood and blue, at a greatly discounted price and it was a store orphan, body wants wood and blue today..but that said, I rushed home and test fired it and like my frinds guns it shot postage stamp 5 shot groups.

I have not seen a better commercially built rifle in my lifetime..The Kimbers are sorta like what a "small ring Win. mod. 70" would be like, petite and light at 5.2 oz., points and handles extremely well and on and on.

LOVE THE KIMBERS, and Im a mod 70 and custome 98 Mauser dyed in the wool fan, so that's high praise for Kimber. dancing

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confusion on above posts.
Montana Rifles and Kimber are 2 different items.
Kimber's Offices (guns made elsewhere) are in Montana and Montana Rifles
are made there but they are Not the same gun.
Both similar to Mod 70 Win. but quality is different in my opinion.
Just my 2 cents.

Tetonka
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote