New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington trigger question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know how to tell if when purchasing a new model 700 that it has the new trigger assembly (changed for 2006)? Is there a way to tell via the serial number?

Thanks.

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teesh:
Does anyone know how to tell if when purchasing a new model 700 that it has the new trigger assembly (changed for 2006)? Is there a way to tell via the serial number?

Thanks.

Call Remington and ask them. They’re normally pretty stingy in giving out any info but since they are probably pushing a new product with a higher price tag perhaps they might actually be anxious to give out that info.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Teesh

The new design has a trigger block, M.I.M. construction on trigger and sear and has abandoned the trigger connector concept.

From what I understand the first rifles to be retro-fitted with the new design will be varmint rifles offered some time this year.

With the addition of the trigger block and with the safety in the on position there will be no trigger movement while on safe, I think this would clearly distinguish the presents of the new fire control when released....

Augustis ><>

To Be Safe, First Think You Might Not Be.

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote