THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Questions on building custom rifles on SAKO 75 or SAKO 85 actions

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions on building custom rifles on SAKO 75 or SAKO 85 actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
WHo does good custom builds off the SAKO actions?
Which model do you prefer the 75 or 85 for builds?
Thanks
Can I see some pics of yours?

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's mine:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c267/northernchris/P1000726.jpg

New Sako 75 action, plate, trigger & mag, Lothar sportive barrel, Mcmillan Sako stock and ASE Utra compact moderator.
regulated, blueprinted & pillar bedded

About £2000.00

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 574 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHo does good custom builds off the SAKO actions?

Any custom rifle builder should be able to work with a Sako action.

quote:
Which model do you prefer the 75 or 85 for builds?

Whatever the customer prefers.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
thinking of having patriot arms build one for me on a SAKO 75

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good call on the 75 action. I like both the 75's and the 85's, the 85 is a hair timmer than the 75, and seems to shoulder a little better to me, but that may be due to the 85 having a little shorter length of pull than the 75.

Recoil mgmt has never been a concern with any Sako for me, but several friends who have both seem to think the 85 handles recoil slightly better than the 75

Lots of good options for your build. JB at Accuflite is worth a call just to review, he's done a bunch for me, but actually subs out the physical work to some others, good results whoever he uses!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote