New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a nice quarter rib built
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a nice quarter rib built for my Hyper Single. The stock is at Kathy Forster for checkering.

It will also need to be rust blued.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought you had a milling machine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my 5th back surgery 2 months ago and have not regained the use of the fingers on one hand. According to the Doc the nerves regenerate at the rate of .040 per day. Even with short arms it will take a day or 2.
Yes, I have 2 Bridgeports and I still remember where the on-off switchs are located.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting this, but James Anderson has made at least one that is outstanding.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie. I already talked with Butch about this one. He's looking to get er done at a little faster pace than my current schedule and not asking to cut. Hard to let the projects play leap frog waiting in line at the gunsmith's shop without landing on someone's toes.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1852 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Butch: Hope all goes well with the healing. Might want to try Dakota for their pre-fabed ones to fit Shilen or Douglas. It would be a good start even if it didn't fit.

That sure is a nice looking quarter rib. Not at all chunkey like alot of them. James does good work.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James does good work and is finishing a rifle for me at the present. I didn't and wouldn't ask to leapfrog one of you guys to do mine. The quarter rib shown is very nice and clean. I'm looking at an August time frame.
Butch