Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman Bolt-Stop Receiver Sight
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
I am wondering what the number is on this sight so I can look around for one.

These fit onto the m98 bolt stop and affix using the bolt stop screw.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Arizona Larry>
posted
Hello,
I think your looking for the Lyman No.35 receiver sight. Page 32 of Nick Stroebel's book "Old Gunsights". Call Gary Fellers at 817-346-9633 (Texas). He deals in old sights and is a great person to talk with. Bust out the wallet. Interesting items of this type are not cheap. Take care, Larry

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry !!

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
I was told by a reliable source, that there was a fellow in the WA state area that tooled up and made a run of these Lyman 35's not too long ago. He ran into some health problems though and sold his inventory I heard. I haven't been able to contact him about these though to see if he has any left or is planning another run.

I have some nice jpeg pictures of an original Lyman 35 if I can figure out how to insert them here so those who don't know about these can see one.

The cocking piece sights are also nice and closer to the eye, but they compromise the lock time by increasing the moving mass.

Jeff P

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Pfeifer,

Here are the pictures you sent me.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Saeed,

Either I'm getting dyslexic, or that photo is mirror imaged!

Don

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Don,

These 3 were sent to me, and I posted them. Pfeifer m ight be able to shed some light on this.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sure is an interesting concept. They are not mirror image, Don. The top and bottom views (1 and 3, top to bottom in sequence) are flipped over right to left then viewed differently, back side then front side. That is what causes the initial impression of mirror image.

------------------
So many bovids! So little time and money!
RAB

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
Saeed,
Thanks for posting these! These are all just taken from different directions. Now we hopefully have a few more folks that know what these gems look like.

Jeff P