New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka rifle - Scope base ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
the tables i looked at show no reference for which base fits the Tikka rifle. can i use the base referenced for the Sako? if not, what base do i need? i would like to stay with Leupold, but will get other if necessary.

thanks...........

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the leupold base for the sako wont work. use the tikka rings and bases or weaver 61 bases and burris z rings.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sask_hunter: i have never seen Tikka rings & bases advertised for sale. who do you order them from?

the rifle i have has a dovetail as well as mounting holes. the Weaver 61 mount....the catalog i am looking at (Natchez Shooter's Supply) shows this mount to be a 2-piece job. is that correct?

thanks for your help.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the weaver is a two piece. just take out the screws on the recever and put it on. the optilok ring are the same as the sako but the base is different. the guys at wholesale sports up here sell tons of tikkas. most of them go out with the weaver bases and rings, or with the burris rings. i have the optilok rings on my tikka.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In March 2003, Tikka will be shipping their new T3 rifle with rings. The T3 has a redesigned synthetic stock which is actually looks good. It is stainless and I believe it weighs nearly one pound less than the current Tikka synthetic/stainless.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I bought my Optilocks at Ultout.com. The Sako and Tikka rings are different. Unless you use a 50 mm objective or more, you need the low rings. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Sniper>
posted
I like the Millett's . You can get them from Midway.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the Weavers and the Milletts and was not really impressed with either. The Weaver seemed to mount the scope too high and the Millett never seemed to lock up as tight as I would like without busting the claw. I found a mount in Natchez made by B-Square that fits the Tikka dovetails but doesn't cost as much as the Optilock.

Look at Natchezss.com Part number BQC4416N (medium height)

Fast Ed

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote