New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another help identify mauser question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, I picked up this BRNO action but its been bubbafied so I guess I'm probably gonna be screwed. I'd like to find out the year of this action. Its not in the best of shape but for what I have planned, It will work.

On the left side it has an E and 3602. other than that no crest or anything (hell, the rear was drilled but no one bothered to tap it), you shoulda seen the bolt handle, I coulda done a better job with a mig with the gas turned off.

I cleaned it up a bit and worked on the bolt handle, still has a ways to go.

Anyways, if you could help on a year with this thing I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Joel

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VZ 24 Short Rifle

Standard Czech Army rifle prior to WW2.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as usual, I flew off before completely reading your message.

maybe this, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._24 :

quote:
The only way to identify the production location is by the serial number pattern and the VTLU code. A Brno manufactured rifle would have a serial number as such: 1234 A5. A Považská manufactured rifle would follow this pattern: A1 2345. The VTLU code was an inspection and acceptance stamp. A code observed would be E4-lion-38. The E4 would denote where the acceptace took place (in this case it would be Považská Bystrica), the lion would be the national symbol of Czechoslovakia and the 38 represents the year, 1938. Here is a breakdown of VTLU codes:

1. E1- Pilsen (Plzeň)

2. E2 - Adamov

3. E3 - Brno

4. E4 - Považská Bystrica

5. E5 - Vlašim

6. E6 - Semtín

7. E7 - Strakonice

8. E8 - Prague (Praha)

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tin, I appreciate the info.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote