New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackburn trigger and 98 Mauser Cocking Piece
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks – could someone advise if the Blackburn trigger (now made by Swift) will function correctly with a standard military style (notched) cocking piece.

Thanks

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Yes it will.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Worked the time I used the Blackburn Trigger.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I hope their dispatch dept is a bit more responsive than the enquiry dept !

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes and the 6 or 7 I did. 2 of them I needed to oped the sear slot in the receiver a little though. Easy fix just giving you a heads up.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello Folks – could someone advise if the Blackburn trigger (now made by Swift

Are these the steel triggers? I'd look them up but got to run in a few minutes! Thanks.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They say they have both steel and alloy, in stock for $125. Mine should be shipping today. Seems to good to be true !!

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Nice to know that the steel one is around, but why would someone pay 125.00 for an alloy trigger! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srtrax:
Nice to know that the steel one is around, but why would someone pay 125.00 for an alloy trigger! Roll Eyes

Heck..you probably know this, but it's only the housing that's alum. working parts are steel..same as say..Timney.

Some have expressed "concern" that the pin holes might elongate over time, but I've never seen that. Fact is that my own 270 (now on it;s second barrel) I installed a Timnmey Sportsman in 1986...adjusted it and never touched it since.

Aluminum housings seem to work just fine over the long haul.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heck..you probably know this, but it's only the housing that's alum. working parts are steel..same as say..Timney.

Some have expressed "concern" that the pins might elongate over time, but I've never seen that. Fact is that my own 270 (now on it;s second barrel) I installed a Timnmey Sportsman in 1986...adjusted it and never touched it since.

Aluminum housings seem to work just fine over the long haul.

Your right Duane, but I've never spent 125.00 on a Timney trigger of any kind...