New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Model 70 trigger guard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in need of a model 70 trigger guard. I am working on a friends rifle for his daughters 1st antlope hunt she is 8. Apparently someone attempted to glass bed the action and cracked the tang on the guard when they over tighened the screws its now in two pieces. This one is aluminum or what Winchester calls aluminum. It does not have to be new and I have the floor plate latch I can transfer to the replacement.

I was hoping that someone had changed to a steel guard and might have the aluminum one left over.
I will pay good federal money for one.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a trigger guard and floor plate from a pre-64 Featherweight if that would help you.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you wanted to break up the set I could use the guard, the floor plate I have is good. I am not sure if the guards are the same this is a later model standard model 70.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The triggerguard and floorplate are both different from a pre 64 70 to a post 64.

The pre 64 parts are much narrower and more importantly the rear guard screw hole is 1/8" forward of the hole in a post 64.

Brownells used to sell steel guard for post 64 70's by Williams if I remember correctly.

There are usually all manner of Win 70 triggerguards etc on ebay.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland...send me your shipping info...I'll give you an aluminum one...

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're covered...

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane
PM sent

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member