New
Find
Notify
Tools

.350 Remington Magnum to .358 Norma Magnum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will a .358 Norma Magnum reamer clean up a .350 Remington Magnum chamber?
No problem with the magazine length. The action is a Weatherby Mk V.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Per Ammoguide "yes"

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Sometimes yes.Sometimes no. The shoulder on the 350 Remington Magnum is about .006 inch larger in diameter than the 358 Norma. The Norma case is 0.181 inch longer and the body taper is about .0025 inch per side per inch so some times it cleans up and some times it doesn't. It depends largely on how much over spec the parent chamber is.

If it doesn't, it will leave a slight ring about .200 inch down from the shoulder. If it does you will have to pick up the threads and set it back .200 inch to clean it up.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoulder diameter on the 350 Rem is .495" approx. 1.700 inches forward of the case head. The 358 Normas shoulder is only .490 " approx. 2.084" forward of the case head. So like Speerchucker said sometimes it may clean up the the 350 chamber and sometimes you may have a ring in the chamber. You may have to set the barrel back one turn to clean up the old chamber.

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Easiest way might be to do a cerocast of your chamber so you can then do an accurate measure.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote