Find
Notify
Tools

J.L.D. Enterprises??
 Login/Join

<KBGuns>
posted
http://www.jldenter.com/index.html

Any one do business with them. I have sent a few emails inquiring about some of their stock. Spesifically the "1904 Portuguese hinged-floor plate" they list, but have not gotten any responce. This does not make me want to send them a check, if you know what I mean. ANy experiance here?

Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I recently ordered a couple of those trigger guards myself. I called them first though, didn't try email.

Anyway, pieces were as advertised. Freshly refinnished,but with minor pitting under the wood line that wasn't polished out/filed/filled. Parts also arrived in a timely manner. I'd order from them again if they had anything else I wanted.

Scott

[ 10-02-2002, 12:48: Message edited by: Scott Thornley ]

Posts: 117 | Location: Sierra Foothills, CA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience, on the phone. After several calls over a one week span, each time intending to place an order but always getting the 'wrong person,' or 'call back later, now is not a good time,' I said to hell with them and their bottom metal.

Give them a try though, maybe you'll have a better experience.

Todd

[ 10-04-2002, 03:21: Message edited by: Todd Getzen ]

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What does the 1904 Portuguese hinged floorplate fit other than a 1904 Portuguese rifle? Will it fit a '98 Mauser?

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I ordered two of these Wednesday. I called, was told the guy was busy could we call you back. Half an hour later they called and took my order. Yesterday they called me back with the tracking number. So far sao good!!!

Now, I also just received a trigger guard & floor plate form Marstar. What a joke. It's for an M48 Mauser and was rusted and pitted. They made no mention of the fact that these were in said condition. JLD was up-front about the condition of their guards. It's almost not worth the hassle to send it back to Marstar.

-Mike

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
z1r - Let us know about those floorplates - I looked it up in the books I have and it appears the 1904 Portuguese is a Mannlicher style action -but if it fits a standard Model 98, I would be interested. Thanks.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered from JLD on a Friday got the triggerguard's on tuesday. They fit right up to a model 98. Even the follower and spring fit. The only difference I can see from a 1909 Argentine is they already have the tab on the floorplate release and they take locking screw's. Some have very slight pitting just below the wood line and some are like new. They have been bead blasted and caustic blued. At least that is the way the one's I got were. I couldn't ask for better service.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
Thank you gentlemen,

I will give them a call. I am building my vz24 and the trigger guard is all smashed up on it. I figure might aswell upgrade, if i must replace it.

I just dont know why they would bother to have a email address, and not repy to emails?? That doesnt give a good impression, but I guess if they are doing enough business any way, why would they care.

Kristofer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I emailed them once. It had been a good part of a month before I got a reply. I had forgotten I even emailed them.

Later...

Posts: 297 | Location: Stevensville MT. | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote