one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Who is the barrel maker?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I never did understand the purpose of raising the action rings with big chunks of metal that increase weight, make the sighting plane even higher above the bore, and obscure barrel sights unless those too are increased in height by even more metal. Even more confusing is to do that to make integral scope mounts that are not integral at all but just welded on instead of screwed or soldered. Someone please enlighten me.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dpch who made the action?

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
dpcd, I was not criticizing the work. I just wonder why people would want such a thing.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I never could get used to those big, blocky scope bases. Even claw mounts bug me. But that's just me.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a set of custom bases for Talley rings as done by Reto Buehler. I like them very much. The rifle is my 9.3x64 Brenneke on a 09 Argentine action.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote