Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle ID ??? PLEASE!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
It's a Voere LBW. If memory serves it's kind of the economy line of the Voere rifles. It has some weird "gwerschmotten gwerbotten" European features. I think you can interchange bolts and barrels and they made in a take down model like the old Sauer was and it has a de-cocker/cocker system similar to the Blaser R93. I have worked on a few and they follow the typical German/Austrian theory of: "Why make something simple, when it's so easy to make it complicated" philosophy.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
It's a Voere LBW. If memory serves it's kind of the economy line of the Voere rifles. It has some weird "gwerschmotten gwerbotten" European features. I think you can interchange bolts and barrels and they made in a take down model like the old Sauer was and it has a de-cocker/cocker system similar to the Blaser R93. I have worked on a few and they follow the typical German/Austrian theory of: "Why make something simple, when it's so easy to make it complicated" philosophy.

Your last sentence is so true!

Those guys are tirelessly trying to re-invent the wheel! With one stupid idea after another! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68727 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Those guys are tirelessly trying to re-invent the wheel! With one stupid idea after another! rotflmo

German designs often remind me a lot of today's smart phones Saeed. They do everything but go to the fridge and get you a beer. The only thing they don't do well is serve as phones. Guns tend to get delicate, unreliable and troublesome when they get complicated. I guess they figured that they couldn't build something any more reliable than the Mauser so they figured it was best to concentrate their efforts on gadgetry. LOL

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

German designs often remind me a lot of today's smart phones Saeed. They do everything but go to the fridge and get you a beer. The only thing they don't do well is serve as phones. Guns tend to get delicate, unreliable and troublesome when they get complicated. I guess they figured that they couldn't build something any more reliable than the Mauser so they figured it was best to concentrate their efforts on gadgetry. LOL

Good Lord, I need none of that. I do not even like switch barrel guns!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took one look at the photo and knew it had to be German. I drive an Audi A8. Wonderful car, with some features that will drive you mad.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HK G3 and MP5 cant be both relyable and German? Mauser 98is too complicated?

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
The 3 things I love most are German and have served above reproach :

- rifles : Sauer 202 & Blaser R93 ;
- car : Mercedes-Benz and last but not least :
- hunting dog : Small Münsterländer.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To avoid misunderstandings, I would like to point out that Voere is Austrian and not German. There is a big difference in style between the two; you only need to look at the (Austrian) Ferlach school of gunsmithing, where some of the most expensive, most complicated, most impractical and ugliest guns in the world are produced.

Posts: 164 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After 40 years in the Aerospace business it
is my opinion that the most over rated engineers
in the world are the Germans.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JV:
To avoid misunderstandings, I would like to point out that Voere is Austrian and not German. There is a big difference in style between the two; you only need to look at the (Austrian) Ferlach school of gunsmithing, where some of the most expensive, most complicated, most impractical and ugliest guns in the world are produced.
I agree with you. Unfortunately, ever since WW-II, the English speaking world usually lumps Austria and Germany together. Blame it on Hitler for being Austrian.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LMAO ROFF

I stated German/Austrian and I'm standing behind it. They always over complicate everything. Unlike other engineers they also have a habit of just gluing features on as they go along with no though as to how the end product will look or function after all the gadgets are glued on. The stuff they make lately would fit right in at a modern "Steam Punk" festival. That Voere LBW is a perfect example, as is the Mauser 66 and the Blaser rifles. I have owned several Blasers and Mauser 66s and they look like like an over engineered Meccano set! They are also about as ergonomic and visually pleasing as a PT Cruiser or a Fiat Multipla.

Rod Henrickson