THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few random Ruger MkII/Hawkeye questions.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
1) How long are 223 and 308 magazines?

2) How long are 06' magazines?

3) Do the 9.3x62 rifles use a standard 06' mag box and follower?

4) What rifling twist is used for the International (RSI) in 308 win?

5) Can all of the metal of the Matte stainless rifles be cerokoated without additional sandblasting?

6) How rugged are the new adjustable triggers compared to the older/simpler ones?

That about does it. Everything I ever wanted to know about hawkeyes and bored enough to remember to ask. Thanks
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess no one is bored enough to answer any of these questions? Smiler

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You shamed me into it.

1) No idea.
2) The magazine is 3.425". All of the normal long actions have the same length magazine, magnum or standard.
3) Depends on the base rifle. The 8mm Mauser follower works, so I would expect a 30-06 follower to work fine as well. Yes, to the magazine box length. 3.4"-3.5" is typical, again depends on the platform used.
4) 1/10"
5) Not in my opinion. The trigger guard is on the smooth side. The rest is bead blasted and may be too course to cover properly. I would evaluate each rifle to see.
6) No idea, but some of the old ones took a small winch to pull. They are simple though.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Farbedo!! Thought I was out of luck there for a moment!

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the M77 MKII Hawkeye SA I can't say for these two cartridges. But my 300 RSAUM (M77 MK II SA SS) the magazine was just under 3" internal length; I think something like 2.96"-2.98" length. I just don't recollect exactly and the rifle isn't handy to re-measure.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:

2) How long are 06' magazines?

3) Do the 9.3x62 rifles use a standard 06' mag box and follower?

4) What rifling twist is used for the International (RSI) in 308 win?

5) Can all of the metal of the Matte stainless rifles be cerokoated without additional sandblasting?

6) How rugged are the new adjustable triggers compared to the older/simpler ones?

That about does it. Everything I ever wanted to know about hawkeyes and bored enough to remember to ask. Thanks
Matt

1&2. de Haas (Bolt Action Rifles) states mag lengths were either 2.925 in. or 3.380 in.

3. Don't know but best guess is yes.

4. 1:10 according to this:http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-77-RSI-International-Stainless-308-Win.aspx

5. Yes, if properly degreased.

6.Older simpler usually equates to more reliable, but I have no idea.

Posts: 3713 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Matt
FISH!!