New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shilen 338" Selected Match SS??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do you know if Shilen makes Selected Match barrels in cal.338" SS??

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Their web sight indicates that they only make 22 through 30 caliber in SS Select Match Grade.

Steve

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could very well be wrong on this, but I don't think Shilen "sets-out" to make (or not) a "Select Match" barrel. I think that they are made from the same blanks, using the same tools, in the same manner. It is after manufacture that they become "Select Match" - when they are inspected and they meet the more stringent requirements.

If they don't have a separate "Select Match" category for above 30 cals, the barrel that you get may/not meet "Select Match" criteria. I'd bet it will still be a good shooter.

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<centerpunch>
posted

[ 06-15-2002, 01:51: Message edited by: centerpunch ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Bill. I've had 3 of their barrels in 338, all will out shoot me and probably 95% of the other shooters out there.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote