New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pac-Nor barrels, Good? Bad?
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
I'm getting ready to rebarrel a rifle of mine. I've been thinking of using a Pac-Nor match barrel. Has anyone used their barrels? What did you think of them?

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
short answer is - GOOD.

Used by many shooters in critical, persnickety applications. They also seem willing to make oddball stuff to satisfy a need, such as their recent M16 service rifle barrels with 1-6.5" twist to shoot the 90gr Berger VLD.

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I've lost track of how many I have, about a half dozen or a bit more. My barrel of choice. I think they are about as good as it gets, with exception of maybe Kreiger, and I'm not sure about that.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had my Ruger #1 re-barreled in 270WSM with one.
Shoots great; under 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
<DLS>
posted
I have a Pac-Nor barrel on my Savage. In 17 Rem.. It shoots very well, and cleans easily. I will use them again.

They also sent the barrel chambered and threaded sooner than the estimated date they gave me. I'm happy. My only complaint is that I had them make the barrel in a #4 contour and now I wish it was lighter. My fault....

<Ross Spagrud>
posted
Superb, I have used at least 250 of them on rifles.

Ross

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the good comments.

They are very easy, and nice, people to deal with.

I have 3 more that will be headed their way.

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
My only complaint is that I had them make the barrel in a #4 contour and now I wish it was lighter. My fault....

Send em an email and ask if they can re-contour...

I love em, but delivery is unpredictable/... could be 2-3 weeks on either side.

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PAC-NOR is all I use for my big bore. They make high quality stuff and are very easy to work with. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
HEY'
I had them do a 6mmbr for an 1885 Browning,to original dimentions,so I did not have to have any stock work done.They did a pretty good job.Would definetely use the barrels again.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them all my life until Lothar Walther showed up and tried a couple of them, then I switched to Lothar Walther along with many others, but Pac Nor is still an excellent barrel along with Krieger and Lilja....

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I now have a 3 grove pac nor on my 22-250Imp. still working on loads but it looks like it will shoot great cleans up really easy too got another on order for a .280Imp. hope its just as good

Posts: 97 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote