New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: MRC PH action, What do you guy's think? POLL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I agree that the front bridge should extend to the front of the reciever ring. Another change I would make, would be a longer, thinner tang. This rifle will be chambered in nothing but the biggest cartridges out there, so why not give it a tang shape to suit the recoil. The tang looks very thick in the photos, that's to much wood to be removed from the wrist if it is to be left that bulky. Just my two cents, if its even worth that.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that the bottom of the action has a great deal of metal to be cut away in the final prototype. If not, then the lug needs to grow a bunch.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that recoil lug deep enough?

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
I am not sure if there is a correct formula for it, but it looks to me like the recoil lug should be larger on an action that is going to used for very powerful cartridges.

I also agree that the sqare bridge on the front should go the length of the ring.

I would like to see the triggerguard with the release inside the bow much like a blackburn guard.