New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark V Magazine Spring
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The magazine spring broke on my Mark V 378. Can't seem to find one on the internet, anyone know if a spring from another rifle will work? Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
While the 378/460 followers are proprietary and cost roughly the same as a small, 2 bedroom bungalow in Las Vegas, I believe the follower springs in all of the Mark Vs are the same in the long actions. But I have been wrong before. As far as putting in a 700 or model 70 follower spring, you would just have to try it and see.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Before the mid 1990's they used a different magazine spring for the 378 and 460, a taller, stronger that the std spring.

They apparently they ran out and then started using the std MV magazine spring.

I made some copies of the older heavy spring a number of years ago and still have some. If interested drop me a PM.

J Wisner

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote