Notify
Tools

Is this a joke?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
Whats wrong with this picture?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it would help if the scope was on right!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice scope mounting. Sure would be a strange "site picture".

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the scope is right, its the gun thats the wrong way

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
other than the eyepiece of the scope point the wront way... the wrong scope mounts, the wrong rear sight, and a kickeez pad.....

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No thumb cut in the reciver......

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, the pistol grip and forend are way too fat! Originals stocked in this style are slim, slim, slim in these areas!

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Dang, the critics arrive in force The scope obviously is what got my eye. I can't believe someone would put that on their site. The rest of the critiques are a matter of opinion and personal taste.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The pic is from <http://www.gunstocks.com> This and another pic of the butt area of the same rifle are on their finished stocks page. Maybe someone who knows Henry should gently point it out to him.

Roger

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Roger, thats where I found it. I didn't want to mention the source. I don't know him but I'll email him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The cocking piece is not right. At a guess I would say that was a Santa Barbara action. Plus the obvious cockup with the scope.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was at the range, giving someone a leture on the finer points of something, while also mounting a scope.
I had both rings on tight before I realized something was wrong

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the new Rifle we are supplying FREE to all Al Qaeda Snipers. Just get your target in the Cross Hairs and Push the Trigger.

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My hunch is that he uses this as a way of determining how busy his site is, by the amount of mail he receives from people commenting on the scope....

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys missed the type of safety it has on it.

It is not the low streamlined FN or Santa Barbra sleeve.

So it must be either my safety a Gentry or the Dakota M70 three postion type of safety due to the shape of the LH side of the sleeve.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Yes folks, it's our new 600 / 100 yard Elk rifle! For those hunters that like to believe that they can reliably and accurately hit Elk at 600 yards, we offer this new innovation. Just line up an Elk, that's actually standing 100 yards away from you, in the scope's cross hairs and you'll believe that you made a 600 yard shot with perfect shot placement. It's perfect for the hunter that likes to brag but doesn't have much time to go to the range to practice shooting. Our rifle is currently only available chambered for the new .300 Short High Intensity Tactical cartridge. Other calibers in the S.H.I.T. family of cartridges coming soon!"

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it is a nice looking rig.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a fine looking gun, Even the "Butt Ugly English" cheek piece fits the lines, and doesn�t look like a wart on the side.

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is a fine looking gun, Even the "Butt Ugly English" cheek piece fits the lines, and doesn�t look like a wart on the side.

You have found a rare, almost extint rifle, the Polish Mauser!

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Only used once!

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As the site is selling gunstocks, the picture is advertising the style of the stock as "Classic Mauser Sporter", not the entire rifle. The backward scope is an embarrassment, though.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, maybe the boys at Swarovski are making them different now.

Posts: 231 | Location: Abbotsford, Wis. | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Based on my experience dealing with that stock company, it does not surprise me at all that the scope is on backwards... JMO

<eldeguello>
posted
Well, it obviously is NOT a "classic Mauser sporter", if by that term they are implying "Original Oberndorf Commercial Mauser Sporter"! However, the only things I would change are the scope, add a Niedner steel buttplate, and get rid of the magazine box latch which is prone to dumping your ammo on the ground when hunting. Nice piece of wood, the stock actually looks nicer than an original!

one of us
posted Hide Post
That looks about right, considering the attention they show their customers.

The worst dealing I have had with the firearmes industry since I started 18 years ago was with GAG.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Looks like the product of a bloodsucking salesleach. Too funny!

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rob,
the ONLy "bad" experience I've had with henry and company was that I went cheap on a stock.. and got a cheap stock... they paid shipping and upgraded me, at my expense of course, to a much better piece of wood..

in short, they gave me what I asked for, and what I asked for wasn't what I wanted.... some times it's tough for me to be cheap..

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Glad it worked out for you, as I have said before, Henry seems to do better with rifle stocks than shotguns.

The Gunshop BBS has had numerous threads about bad work by and the lack of integrity shown by GAG.

He screwed me good on a stock for an NID double. I learned cheaply, about $100 but others have lost much more. I wasn't trying to save a buck, in fact I paid a premium to have the work set up to be closer to spec. The wood I received was warped AND cracked, there was no way it was servicable. I called, was told "no problem, return it" then didn't see any money back for months. I had to ambush Henry by phone several times and then he only partially refunded my money.

Ah, but I digress. If it works for you, I'm happy for you.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the suicide model.

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I've bought 3 from the bargain list no problem and 2 high grade black walnut riflestocks special order. They seem to have a problem if you deviate much from their norm. That being said, they made it right no questions asked. I would not hesitate to try again at those prices, just don't expect a $5000 stock when you're done. Lastly, any GAG or Richard's type semi-inlet seems to be as much work to get right as starting from a chunk; all they remove is the easy part.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
lol! I hope they don't put together dangerous game rifles...

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote