New
Find
Notify
Tools

TTest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

It's a picture I hosted through my free yahoo! account. Pretty easy to do, too. I clicked the "photo" link on the yahoo! home page. It's down there with yellow pages, maps, and people search.

I just created an album and skipped the installation of drag and drop uploading. You can do them one by one using the "browse" button a little further along.

Shows up kind of small. I think that may be a function of my using the URL of a thumbnail instead of the picture. Let's see:

Egad! What horrible resolution. I can't very well make out the relevant features.

The actual feed ramp looks wonderful. The pits in this linked image are not present in the actual action. They are digital artifacts. The texture inside the ejection port is readily evident in the original jpg, but doesn't show up at all in the linked image.

I guess beggars of free bandwidth can't be choosers. I didn't pay yahoo! anything to try it out.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
H.C.,

The pics aren't showing up for me. I'm pretty certain Yahoo won't allow you to Direct Link to pictures.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

An hour or so ago, they both showed up for me. a little later, one was just a red X. Now I see them both. I've posted pictures through another service, and they gave you a certain number of views per picture per day. Maybe yahoo! has a different way of passing out bandwidth.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote