New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any other grip caps
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone other good grip caps avalible besides than Jerry Fisher, Dakota, or Dressels?

Or who has the best price on Jerry Fisher

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's has grip cap castings that require finishing. Depends on how much DIY you're into.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
biesen has nice ones...

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Here is one that is definitely different. It's a Recknagel from NECG. I really like how it doesn't have any transitions on it, just a smooth and simple dome. I was going to use it my mini Mauser project, but James Anderson thinks it'll finish out a little too big so it's going to live in the parts box for awhile longer.

Here is a picture of what it'll look like on a rifle. I personally think it's got a subtle elegance to it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Ruger #1 grip caps, they actually look pretty good in other applications.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TC1, That Recknegel looks good. I dont see it on NECG's web site under grip caps. Is it a small size?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Go to the NECG home page and click the red "toy chest" link. Then click the green Recknagel logo. It's part# RW-24000-0100. It compares in size to Fishers large cap @ 1.80" X 1.30". That sounds big, but it's really not. Below are a couple of pictures of a rifle stock I'm working on now with that exact size cap (Fisher large). It might be a little big on a mini mauser, but the rifle in the picture has a very petite stock and that size looks right at home on it to me.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote